Crafting a follow-up email might only take you a few minutes. But it could very well be the reason you get called for a job interview!
After the career fair, make it a point to send emails to the recruiters you spoke with. Especially when the conversation is still fresh on your minds (and theirs).
What to include in your follow-up message:
- Thank the recruiter for speaking with you
- Insert unique details of the conversation you had with the recruiter (personalize it as best as you can!)
- Reiterate your interest in the company and the role that caught your attention and express how you would be a good fit. (If there are any strengths or skills you didn’t get to mention at the career fair, you can include them in this email!)
- Reattach your resume/links to your work samples
To make it easier for you, you can use the following sample message as a guide:
Hi [Employer’s Name],
It was a pleasure to speak with you at the [name of the career fair]. I had a great time learning about [conversation detail] and all the amazing things you’re doing in the [employer’s industry].
I am very interested in [role] and I believe my [relevant experience, skill] would make me a great fit for [Company Name]. I’d love to chat more about how I can contribute to your team.
Thanks again for taking the time to speak with me. Attached is my resume and a link to my portfolio for your reference. I look forward to hearing from you.
Can’t make it to The Awesome Career Fair? We’ll bring the career fair to you!
Meet top employers like AirAsia Group, GSC, Hong Leong Bank and more in the Metaverse.
From 3 to 10 March 2023, you will…
- Get 24/7 access to the virtual career fair
- Drop your resumes with top employers you want to work with
- Chat with participating job seekers from all over Malaysia